Why I keep Shaking My Legs?
Voluntary leg movements like dangling legs happen during minimum physical activity like idle chit-chats and restlessness from boredom. Some people will say that ‘shaking your legs shakes away your wealth and fortune’. But, if you constantly keep shaking your legs unconsciously during office meetings, or while watching television or during leisure, then this can be symptom of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). RLS is generally unrecognized or misdiagnosed. However if diagnosed RLS can be treated successfully.
Common Causes of RLS ?
In most cases the cause of RLS is unknown but some researchers say that it may be genetic. RLS worsens
- With certain chronic diseases like Parkinson’s disease, kidney failure, diabetes, and peripheral neuropathy
- Medical conditions like iron deficiency
- Regular unadvised usage anti depressants (drugs), allergy medications, antihistamines
- During pregnancy
- Sleep deprivation
- Regular intake of alcohol
Diagnosis of RLS ?
There is no particular medical test to diagnose RLS. However certain blood tests and answering few questions asked by the doctor regarding symptoms, medical conditions, usage of drugs and lifestyle can confirm RLS
Treatment of RLS ?
- Disciplined and prescribed lifestyle
- Regular exercise
- Leg massages under expert
- Icepacks, hot packs under experts
- If you feel that you are suffering from RLS, it’s always advisable to consult medical experts.
Get to know more about Desun Hospital and all other facilities at http://www.desunhospital.com
Get regular updates on desun hospital services, diagnosis, medical tests, health care facilities, emergency admission, surgery in Desun Hospital Facebook